melissawiebe1

Melissa Wiebe's Blogs

Love reading and things associated with books.

Under the Wide and Starry Sky
Nancy Horan
The Word Exchange
Alena Graedon
The Invention of Wings: A Novel (Oprah's Book Club 2.0)
Sue Monk Kidd
A.S. Byatt
The Count of Monte Cristo
Alexandre Dumas, Robin Buss
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

I will admit from the outset that I read this book because a lot of people were reading the book and because there was a lot of praise for the book.  While the book was good in spots and that probably was fairly realistic (I have never battled cancer, although my dad did when I was much younger, but it was never as bad as Hazel's nor Augustus') to what some teens go through while battling cancer, there were times I wanted it to be better.  Maybe it was due to the fact that a lot of people were saying good things about the book and I was hoping that it would be as good for me as it was for them and maybe I was trying to compare it to Eleanor & Park or maybe it was a combination of the two, but for some reason it just didn't click with me.  I found the story to be a bit simplistic at times and found that maybe the two characters could have been written up a bit better.

Although I would wonder what I would do if an author would just abruptly end a book...

Source: http://jaynesbooks.blogspot.ca/2014/08/the-fault-in-our-stars-john-green.html